All required materials for collection and detailed instructions are included in every kit.
- Ensure the sponge tip does NOT come into contact with any surface prior to collection.
- The patient should not eat, drink (including water), smoke or chew gum or put anything in their mouth 30 minutes prior to collecting a sample. Babies should not breastfeed 30 minutes prior to collection.
- Choking hazard. Caution should be used when inserting sponge into the mouth.
- Do NOT ingest. Wash with water if the tube liquid comes in contact with eyes or skin. Click here to view the device safety data sheet.
- Open package and remove collector without touching sponge tip. Place sponge as far back in the mouth as comfortable and rub along the lower gums in a back and forth motion. Gently rub the gums 10 times. If possible, avoid rubbing the teeth.
- Gently repeat rubbing motion on the opposite side of the mouth along the lower gums an additional 10 times.
- Hold the tube upright to prevent the liquid inside the tube from spilling. Unscrew the blue cap from the collection tube without touching the sponge.
- Turn the cap upside down, insert the sponge into the tube and close cap tightly.
- Invert the capped tube and shake vigorously 10 times.
Click here to view detailed instructions with step-by-step illustrations.
Click here to view an instructional video.
- Kit intended use: This product is designed for the collection and stabilization of DNA from human oral samples.
- Kit contents: 2 ORAcollectDx OCD-100 collection devices
For more information, please contact Client Services.