The ordering medical professional has the ability to set auto-release preferences for when results will be released to the patient at the test and result type level. The patient's results will release according to the preferences set by the Order Owner.
Results can also be individually released to a patient on an order by order basis via the Orders and Reports dashboard. To learn how set an individual test release on an order by order basis, please see How can I release results in the patient portal?
If you would like to set result auto-release preferences for specific test and result types, here is how to do it:
- Log in to Invitae’s portal, click on your name in the upper right, and then select Settings. Once there, navigate to the Patient Portal tab and locate the section “Release results in the patient portal.”
- Click on the "Add custom result release" button in order to add your auto-release preference for a specific test and result type.
- Select a Test Type from the dropdown, and then select a Result Type. Currently, there are only two Result Type options: (1) Positive, (2) All other result types.
- Then select your Release to Patient Portal auto-release preference.
- After your choices have been made, click on the dark green Add Custom Setting button. This will add the custom setting card to your dashboard. However, at this point, you haven't saved your preference yet. Your page should look like this:
- To save the custom auto-release you just created, click on the dark green Save Changes button. Your release preferences have now been saved.
- At the point you can either add a new custom result release rule but clicking the Add Custom Result Release button or you can delete the rule you just made by clicking on the trash can icon next to the custom release rule card.
- All test and result types that don't have a custom rule set will follow the default rule specified.