If a gene is currently only available as part of the carrier screening menu, it cannot be analyzed as part of a diagnostic test. Carrier screening is not intended to be used for diagnostic purposes.
Articles in this section
- Does Invitae offer pharmacogenetic (PGx) testing?
- Does Invitae offer COVID testing?
- Do you offer a BRCA1/2 Ashkenazi Jewish panel or multisite panel?
- Do you offer testing for mitochondrial inherited conditions?
- Do you offer testing for autism?
- Who can be tested with exome trio analysis?
- Do you need a positive control?
- I cannot find the gene I am looking for in your test menu. Can you custom design a test for the gene?
- The gene I am interested in only shows up in the carrier screening menu. Can I request diagnostic testing for this gene?
- What does Invitae test for?