Invitae does not currently accept prenatal samples for our next-generation sequencing (NGS) panels. We are in the process of validating prenatal sample types and detection of maternal cell contamination on our NGS panels to ensure that high-quality data is uniformly generated. Our hope is that Invitae will be able to offer sequencing tests for a variety of genes associated with prenatal-onset disorders, as well as prenatal targeted testing for known familial mutations in these genes, in the near future. Please note that these genes are currently available for postnatal testing using blood or saliva samples. If needed, we offer assisted saliva and small-volume microtube kits for neonates.
Articles in this section
- What are Invitae’s reproductive and family health testing options?
- How do I submit an order for reproductive and family testing?
- What specimen types are accepted for reproductive and family health testing?
- How do I order specimen collection kits for reproductive and family health testing?
- What payment options are available for reproductive and family testing?
- What is the turnaround time for reproductive and family health tests?
- Does Invitae offer prenatal diagnosis for their next-generation sequencing panels?