Invitae offers genetic analysis to identify the cause of a disease affecting an individual or a family. Our pricing for panel testing is based on the number of clinical areas involved (i.e., oncology, cardiology, or neurology).
In rare cases, a family may be affected by more than one genetic condition. In these situations, it is possible to requisition genes or panels relevant to more than one clinical area. Please contact Client Services for more information.
In the US, the price per clinical area for panel testing is:
- $1,500: List price
- Invitae will never charge more than this for a panel test within a single clinical area.
- $475: Patient-pay price
- Available as a prepaid option only for panel tests. Invitae will not submit to insurance or offer advice regarding insurance submission decisions.
- Patient agrees to register online and set contact preferences.
- Patient assistance programs are not available for the patient pay option.
- For international orders, the patient prepay option does not include shipping.
For exome testing, we offer insurance billing, institutional billing, and patient-pay options. Invitae’s patient and institutional billing prices are:
- $4,500 Duo/Trio
- $2,500 Proband-only
We do not accept Medicare for exome at this time. For more information, please visit our Billing Page.
It is important to note that for patient-pay pricing, we require a healthcare provider to order testing. Healthcare professionals are fundamental to ordering the appropriate testing for the patient and in interpreting the results.
GeneVu carrier screening
Within 48 hours of the order, we will text or email your patient with information on creating a Good Start Genetics patient account. Within the portal, patients can view two payment options: insurance bill (including an estimated out-of-pocket cost) and self-pay (with the set price described below). At that time, your patient can select which option they would like to use.
- $1500 or less: List price for insurance
- Invitae will never charge more than this and will work directly with your patient’s insurance company to coordinate coverage and payment.
- $250: Self-pay price for GeneVu23
- $200: Self-pay price for pan-ethnic GeneVu
For reproductive and family health tests not listed here, please contact us.