Saliva is the easiest specimen for patients to provide from home and enables results just as accurate as blood (saliva and assisted saliva kits are available). However, if required, Invitae can arrange a blood draw for patients in the US or Canada at no additional charge. Visit our Request a Kit page to learn more about scheduling a blood draw appointment.
Articles in this section
- What are the specimen requirements?
- Does Invitae provide specimen collection kits?
- What paperwork is required with each specimen?
- Does Invitae accept DNA extracted in other laboratories?
- Can you arrange a blood draw for my patient?
- Do you accept post-mortem specimens?
- Do you accept fetal specimens?
- What is the difference between saliva and assisted saliva?
- Are there any special instructions for saliva specimens?
- Are there any special instructions for assisted saliva specimens?