We find that typically children five years or older are able to adequately donate enough saliva for the test requirements. However, this varies from child to child. We require the full 2mL of saliva, no matter the age of the person tested. If a child is unable to complete the full 2mL donation, you have the option to use our assisted saliva collection kit or submit a blood sample.
Articles in this section
- What are the specimen requirements?
- Does Invitae provide specimen collection kits?
- What paperwork is required with each specimen?
- Can you accept prenatal specimens?
- Does Invitae accept DNA extracted in other laboratories?
- Can you arrange a blood draw for my patient?
- Do you accept post-mortem specimens?
- Do you accept fetal specimens?
- What is the difference between saliva and assisted saliva?
- Are there any special instructions for saliva specimens?