We find that typically children five years or older are able to adequately donate enough saliva for the test requirements. However, this varies from child to child. We require the full 2 mL of saliva, no matter the age of the person tested. If a child is unable to complete the full 2-mL donation, you have the option to use our assisted saliva collection kit or submit a blood sample.
Articles in this section
- What are the specimen requirements?
- Does Invitae provide specimen collection kits?
- What paperwork is required with each specimen?
- Does Invitae accept DNA extracted in other laboratories?
- Can you arrange a blood draw for my patient?
- Do you accept post-mortem specimens?
- Do you accept fetal specimens?
- What is the difference between saliva and assisted saliva?
- Are there any special instructions for saliva specimens?
- Are there any special instructions for assisted saliva specimens?