We will sign a BAA with FHT users, however there is no need/requirement to do this when a covered entity discloses information to us in the FHT for treatment purposes (see http://www.hhs.gov/ocr/privacy/hipaa/faq/business_associates/240.html)
Articles in this section
- Is the Family History Tool HIPAA compliant?
- Is Invitae a Covered Entity under HIPAA?
- Where is the data stored?
- What user management and audit capabilities does the tool have?
- Can you sign a BAA (Business Associate Agreement)?
- Does the app lock the user out after a certain amount of idle time?
- Are you doing backups?
- How often is my information saved?
- Is my data synced between the mobile and the web versions of the application?
- What is your responsibility for the data if there's a loss?