Family History Tool data is stored locally on your device (when using an iPad) as well as on a HIPAA-compliant cloud server. We understand how important it is to securely store pedigree information and guarantee that we adhere to the highest technological standards for securely storing the information entered into the tool.
Articles in this section
- Is the Family History Tool HIPAA compliant?
- Is Invitae a Covered Entity under HIPAA?
- Where is the data stored?
- What user management and audit capabilities does the tool have?
- Can you sign a BAA (Business Associate Agreement)?
- Does the app lock the user out after a certain amount of idle time?
- Are you doing backups?
- How often is my information saved?
- Is my data synced between the mobile and the web versions of the application?
- What is your responsibility for the data if there's a loss?