Saliva is the easiest specimen for patients to provide from home and enables results just as accurate as blood (saliva and assisted saliva kits are available). However, if required, Invitae can arrange a blood draw for patients in the US or Canada at no additional charge.If placing your order online, simply request a blood draw during the ordering process. Otherwise, please contact our Client Services team to learn more or to schedule a blood draw appointment.
Articles in this section
- Does Invitae offer follow-up family variant testing?
- How do I order family variant testing?
- What types of variants are eligible for family variant testing?
- What is the 90 day policy for family variant testing?
- What is the cost for family variant testing beyond the 90 days?
- What is the cost for family variant testing if the original patient testing was performed by a different lab?
- Are family members of patients who utilize the Patient Assistance Program (PAP) eligible for family variant testing at no additional cost?
- Is exome eligible for family variant testing?
- Does the family variant testing program change the re-requisition policy?
- If the original patient has both a pathogenic variant and Variants of Uncertain Significance (VUS), do you offer family variant testing?