For HIPAA compliance reasons, we request your patient’s email address. This allows them to access Invitae’s Patient Portal, a HIPAA-compliant means of viewing test results (after clinician review) and viewing educational tools and resources. It’s also updated if your patient’s variant is ever reclassified. Invitae will not use your patient’s email address for marketing purposes.
Articles in this section
- How do I place an online order?
- Can I save orders to come back to later?
- How long will orders in progress be saved for?
- Can I place orders for more than one practice?
- Can I place an order on behalf of a provider in my practice?
- Can I save custom orders?
- Can I remove genes from an Invitae panel?
- Why do you need my patient's email address?
- How do I cancel an order?
- How do I upload an attachment to my order?