Invitae complies with regulatory requirements and discards each specimen after 60 days. If another Invitae test is ordered after that time for the same individual, a new specimen may be required. In accordance with policies applicable to CLIA-certified laboratories and applicable laws, some specimens may be de-identified and retained beyond 60 days for laboratory process and quality improvement purposes.
Articles in this section
- What are the specimen requirements?
- Does Invitae provide specimen collection kits?
- What paperwork is required with each specimen?
- Can you accept prenatal specimens?
- Does Invitae accept DNA extracted in other laboratories?
- Can you arrange a blood draw for my patient?
- Do you accept post-mortem specimens?
- Do you accept fetal specimens?
- What is the difference between saliva and assisted saliva?
- Are there any special instructions for saliva specimens?